Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What I've been working on

In the side bar are photo updates of some of what I have been working on.  I wasn't able to take photos of all the tot books & packs I've done, my back started hurting too bad.  I'll take more photos tomorrow. 
I have to thank the generous & ingenous works of Carisa @ 1+1+1=1, Erica @ Confessions of a homeschooler, Jolanthe @ homeschoolcreations.com, Jenn @ Mama Jenn and Mari-Ann @ Counting Coconuts.  Thank you all so very much for your downloads and wonderful creativity.

Now for some pearls of wisdom for those of you just venturing into this.
1st  If you are going to laminate, make sure to cut yours pages down to less than 8-1/2x11.   even though the laminating pouches can take a regular size sheet of paper, if you plan on putting any of these in sheet protectors, file folders or file pockets for storage you will be thankful if you trim them down PRIOR to laminating, then after laminating trim down as needed. 
2nd  Search & be patient for bargains!!!  I set aside 3 hours on a certain day each week specifically for shopping w/ coupons.  I go to Michael's, JoAnn's, Archivers, Barnes & Noble's, Hobby Lobby, Border's.   I usually know what I plan to purchase in each store, hit the ground running and I can be back home in under 3 hours (takes me 30 minutes to get to the 1st store!)
3rd  For some of my smaller file folder games.   I cut a file folder in half height then 5-3/4 then while still folded cut the width to 5-1/2 so when open the folder is 5-/34 by 11 which you can then lamiate easily!!!
Got the idea for my smaller file folder games from Mama Jenn using teacher's borders from the $1 store
This size will also fit in a quart size ziplock bag and are great size for your purse & traveling!!!
Thankfully only one more day of work this week~
write more soon!
becky

No comments:

Post a Comment