Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Zoo sensory bin, August 2011,

Naters is 47 months old.  Here is the ZOO sensory tub that I put together for her for this month.  There is so much material out there for zoo themed learning, I know we won't get to it all in one month!
MEDIUM (BASE FILLER) is 3lbs of Wild Harvest Universal blend birdseed for medium & large birds.  I bought this one because of all the colors & textures in the seed.  We will recycle this birdseed outside in our feeders at the end of the month!  FUN STUFF:  Wild toob & Zoo babies Toob (polar  & panda bear only), 3 small dishes (metal, wood & glass); wooden & glass beads with many textures & finishes.  I LOVE HOW THIS BIRDSEED SMELLS!  Instant smell of nature when she opens up the lid!
Thanks for looking!
becky
p.s.  I dont recommend the aquarium stones i used last month in her Ocean sensory tub.  The color kept coming off on her fingers even though i washed the rocks multi times & dried them completely before putting them in her sensory tub.  The  stones also scratched up one of our sensory tub containers badly.  Just thought I'd be upfront & honest with you all!!!

6 comments:

  1. SO cute!! We'll have to do this one for sure! Love the different bowls and beads. Sorry to hear you had probs with the aquarium stones - we haven't had any issues... I guess we've lucked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birdseed for the sensory tub and the fact that it can be recycled for the bird feeder. Will have to try this with my girls.

    I am new to the blogging world and am a new follower here. My blog http://messforless.blogspot.com focuses on fun activities and crafts you can do with little ones on a budget. Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the birdseed idea! I pinned it so that I will remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are studying "the zoo" this week, and this bin was a nice addition. Thank you for the inspiration. We made our very first sensory bin and it was a HUGE hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Hippo's water is fantastic! I'll try one for my little boy soon. Thanks for sharing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very interesting and my DD sure will love it.. and the seeds can be used as birds food later on..We made a zoo sensory bin as well but out of sponges. You really had so much added into this.

    I am a newbie to blogging and slowly adding on my activities.. Taking much of time but its true satisfaction when she learns and have fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete