Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Sensory tub, December 2011

This is Nater's Christmas sensory tub for this month.  I'm going to be changing her sensory tubs up a little bit.  I try to incorpoate them into whatever subject we are concentrating on the for week, two weeks, or monthly period of time we give to a subject..  She is getting older (4yrs 4mos old) and I want them to be more education centered.  So she may not have a sensory tub every month, but when she has one I hope that they we will more educational or be able to reinforce more of whatever subject we are working on.  Won't be too technical; but will depend on what materials i can find on the cheap (garage sales, estate sales, resale shops) or shopping with my coupons (Hobby Lobby, Joann's, Michael's, Lakeshore Learning, United Art & Education).  Will let you know how my ideas for this unfold.....
Pretty much everything in the tub is recycled from last year except the spoons.  Last year she got the colored rice separated initially, but then it was combined during play; so this year it's combined.  Thanks for looking! 
becky

1 comment:

  1. Love the red and green rice. I have yet to try it (I think my one year old would make a huge mess with it- as everything ends up on the floor!) Found you on Show and Tell
    http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete